Thursday 30 January 2014

Man oh man

Is there anything more frustrating than running out of yarn right at the end of a project? Actually,  I can think of something. Acting like a rebellious teenager last weekend has led to me hanging my head in shame. My husband warned, nay, implored me to apply sunscreen at the beach last weekend,  and I blithely gambolled along uncovered, lily white legs exposed to the searing Australian sun, which has left me like this:
I have to shower in odd positions or bathe with the legs in the air. Classy. It dents when I poke it, and Nurse Muminlaw suggests a doctor, as there used to be ankle bones there. 

To take my mind off it, I turned to the never ending shawl, hoping to clear up my project bag to make room for the sweater design project cast on this morning. No luck, as I am 3/4 of the way through the edging and down to a tiny smidge of yarn. But back to the project. Here's a teaser. 

Using up some cotton I bought in a wicked sale. Not generally a fan of cotton, unless it's like this: 
Baby of my making, sweater of my design.
It is beginning to grow on me though, particularly as I'm knitting in 30 degree heat with no aircon. What can I say? Australia is hard on knitters. 

Big boy starts school on Monday,  which is both thrilling and terrifying. I'll miss him so, but I'm sure between the bub and this, I'll be busy enough.
The shawl, socks (Araucania ranco) needing a wash and block, a crochet nappy soaker in Cascade 220, the cheviot yarn I dyed and wound for the hubby's sweater, and my cotton pullover design. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment