Thursday 6 February 2014

C'est Finis!

The neverending shawl is...ended, I suppose you could say. After what seemed like months and months (actually, it was, for once I'm not exaggerating), all that gorgeous, yarn-consuming, slow ruffling is completed. The shawl is blocked, and has been worn on the school run a few times. On a side note, pretty sure the other mothers think I'm the weird knitting lady who wears A) shawls, in 2014 and B) shawls that don't match anything else she is wearing but which are obviously handknit. Plus, I tend to swathe the bub head to toe in handknits. Bet that doesn't help. Ah well, all publicity is good publicity, right? Who needs friends, anyhow?

So here she is, in all her breezy, sun-dappled glory.

I knit this lovely layering piece in the Australian Alpaca Barn's Panache 4-ply. The main body is stripes of "beige" and "grape" (creative, aren't they?), and the ruffling is "mulberry". As this knit to my own design, I plan to release a free pattern, stay tuned. 



No comments:

Post a Comment