Thursday 23 January 2014

Busy, busy bee.

So I finally opened an Etsy shop. Well, mostly. I wove a shawl, out of yarn that I spun which I didn't think I would like...then I took it off the loom. Once that baby was around my shoulders, I knew I wasn't going to be parted from it, so instead of my original idea of immediately putting it up for sale, I've used it as an example for what I can weave, for your custom order. I think you can see why:
Yes, that IS my new lightbox.

Yup, allll mine. But I have posted some lovely silk yarn, handspun by me on my Ashford traditional wheel, which I suppose I could call "vintage", if I were that type of person, seeing as the wheel was built in '81. Check it out on Etsy. I also have another small skein of the same handspun which I have dyed in a deep royal blue/teal, which is currently drying over my head. That will hit the shop as soon as it's dry.


Aside from the shop, I've been busily finishing off odd projects, such as these socks for the big boy, 
His favourite colour. Excuse the unwoven ends.

of which he is immensely proud, even wearing them out while we tramped about town in the humid heat yesterday. Nutty kid. I've also just finished turning the heel on the husband's second sock, six months later. That is a patient man. I think I've managed to distract him with the promise of an awesome sweater, for which I dyed the yarn a couple of days ago. It was a bit of an experiment, still uncertain if I'll overdye it or keep as is. 
In progress

Complete
I was aiming for a bit more peacock and less Irish fields green.Next time, more blue goes into the pot. It is lovely, but perhaps not manly? Thoughts?

Weaving a little lace scarf for my mum in law's friend, so I'll get back to that and post photos soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment