Wednesday 25 December 2013

Off the Map

It was an eventful Christmas. There were piles of gifts knitted,  embroidered, sewn and exchanged, with only one project not making it to the finish line. The aim was to take this 25 grams of two ply, semi woolen, roughly worsted weight Polwarth

and turn it into a simple,  garter stitch cosy for a glass tea pot. Unfortunately,  that pretty little skein was about 5 metres too short, so it's back to the spinning wheel.

Or it would be,  if I wasn't utterly absorbed by THIS:
Note: decide width BEFORE warping.
My new 60cm (24 inch) Ashford Rigid Heddle Loom. I scored some sale bin merino/angora on our weekend trip down the coast, which I am using as the weft for some alpaca/silk/merino warp which was stagnating in the stash. I don't use purple. Note to self: do not buy purple.

With three feet of scarf appearing in just a few hours, I am currently in weave ALL the things mode. Once the novelty passes,  it's back to the wheel for me.

(Christmas was lovely. I cooked a good dinner for lovely people, the kids were spoiled and the day was blissfully cool.)

No comments:

Post a Comment