Monday 16 December 2013

Can't sleep, WIPs will eat me!

The bag came along nicely,  though it awaits finishing until the intended recipient leaves the house! I neglected to take any photos of its semi-complete state, so please imagine a red and white boxy bag. Exciting stuff.

In the meantime,  I've washed, carded and spun about 50 grams of a beautiful Polwarth fleece I picked up at the fabulous Petlins when I took the husband to purchase the loom (which I do not know about, although he needed my help to purchase it)(I do know about it)(it mocks me from beneath the tree).
Bobbin two of two in progress. 
It drafts like butter, so I have no one to blame but myself for any inconsistencies.  I'm aiming for a dk or light worsted weight two-ply, which I will then dye, and knit into a little cozy for the glass teapot I'm giving to my father in law. In seven days. While squeezing in a family holiday with two kids and a five hour drive. I'm sensing a theme here.

At least the rest of the Christmas crafts are ready for gifting, with this last one just requiring a quick bath.
Embroidered me, you have!

Hmm, and the lip balms. And bath bombs. Better get back to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment