Thursday 12 December 2013

Is this thing on?

I fell down the well of knitting nuttiness with a scarf. It was crappy, knit at too tight a gauge in scratchy craft shop wool on my mother in law's borrowed needles. I swore I would never knit another thing. I returned to happily hooking, churning out beanies and blankies via crochet, until I desired a scarf myself. One with ribbing, and cables. So I bought a cheap set of needles, churned it out...and quickly found myself knitting matching fingerless mitts. It was a downhill slide from there, and now I find myself trying to find ways to knit everything from t shirts to swimsuits. My child now has to beg for store-bought stuffies, and my baby is bundled into bamboo dresses when summer temps drive the tiny jumpers into storage. I dabble in dyeing, wing a lot of my own patterns, and really don't enjoy sock knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment