Wednesday 9 April 2014

Winter is coming!

I'll be prepared this time, because I have this:

Bunny goodness!
My obsessive reading of every archived post of Mason Dixon knitting led to me making a keyhole scarf. I love the thing. I used a little under one 50 gram ball of Sublime Angora Merino, which is super duper soft. The stuff sticks to itself like velcro, so simple is certainly best, but the results are sooo lovely. I can certainly see the addictive nature of this pattern, which can be found here. Bow tie scarves for everyone! I think it would be a great use for those little balls of luxury yarns one buys in a weak moment. 

I finished up the little pants for the bub, and I think they look pretty awesome, although I seriously mucked up my jogless stripes technique. I'll stick to Techknitter's jogless stripes technique from now on. Here's a shot which has been artfully arrange to disguise said stripes:
These were made with leftover Cascade 220, in a lovely silver heather (I lost the ballband some time ago), and the stripes are some Heirloom merino magic, in a shade I'll have to guess because I'm too lazy to run upstairs and get the info from the ballband. It's a sweet rosy pink, and I have sufficient to make a little pullover or cardigan to match.

Speaking of cardigans, I have a need to make Baby Sophisticate, and I know just the baby to wear it. My husband's godmother's grandson (now that's a mouthful) is the most delightfully expressive little boy, and I think the combination of those expressions with that cardigan will make the most adorable little old man ever. I better get knitting before the kid grows any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment